Saturday, December 03, 2005

Demolition



I haven't witnessed the full process of a demolition before. During the past few weeks, that's changed. Across the street from my apartment, there is (was) a building called Exciting Town, kind of like a very small Walmart. Now, it's a pile of rubble. More specifically, it's many piles of neatly organized rubble. All the scrap is being organized into individual piles of thick steel, thin metal, concrete, plastic, etc. and then being taken away in large trucks. Japan is very focused on recycling, and I wonder if this demolition method is also true of Canada and the U.S.

In any case, "Goodbye, Exciting Town!" You weren't that exciting, other than on days whose last digit was a 1, when you would offer a 10% discount on all of your wares. I hope your replacement raises the bar a little bit, and provides a much better view from my bedroom window.

No comments: