Monday, January 28, 2008

Kids, Candy and Cake


Yesterday, we went over to a student's house to make cheesecake. The student is 4 years old, and you can see her in the photo (a few more photos at Flickr). Her brother is between 1 and 2 years old. They were eating a lot of candy and were very excited that Honoka's eigo no sensei was in their house.

Their mom and Yuu made a blueberry cheesecake and I played with the kids. Young Haru was playing with cookies: he would put one in his open mouth, take it out, and then give it to me. I pretended to eat it, and then put it back on the table. Finally, he figured out what I was doing, and I was forced to eat one. Yum!

There was a piano there and I tried playing it a bit, but I was very rusty. I need to get a piano here soon!

Things we did: "What's this?" in English while running around the main floor of the house; I lifted Haru in the air many, many times (Honoka a few); chased Honoka while she screamed; played a hiragana card game; took some video (coming soon on YouTube); drank coffee and ate cookies and cake; and much, much more.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Kawaii ne !! we also watched all your vids with them. These 2 children are adorable!!KEDO THEY SEEM TO HAVE TOO MUCH Candy at hand !!! I think you might want to teach about health and candy , maybe. Anyway, looks like fun !

Sean O'Hagan said...

Yes, they are quite adorable. We thought the same about the candy. Perhaps Japanese parents don't really "parent" their children when guests are around.

In the video, where something falls on the ground, these were a bunch of candies, and Honoka was excitedly saying "Let's eat them all! Protect the candies!"