Saturday, January 26, 2008

Oh Bento!


I'm being treated to wonderful bento lunches almost every day. I'm going to blog about all of them, with probably not much more than a few exclamatory "oishikattas!"

This was a cute one with tiny wieners and teeny rice balls. In the distance, you can see some carefully protected pickled plums with some almost invisible brown stringy things (Yuu, please comment on what that is. Thanks!)

Yuu is quite creative with these lunches as you will see in successive posts. Colourful, exciting, and delicious!! I'm a lucky man!

Gochisousama deshita.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks Oishii!! Yuuchan is making these for you? Good girl! Much better looking (and tasting) than the candy lunch. Wonder why i am so hungry ....it's that photo of your bento lunch!

Yu-chan said...

In the past, I cooked too much and we wasted food or ate too much but now we can just put the leftovers in bento. Very economical too!
I wished Sean put a better-looking bento picture. If I can explain, we didn't have anything in our fridge so you only see sausages with rice.
But I'm proud that I've been making bento everyday for us!
The stringy things are seaweed called konbu.
I'm happy you are not a complainer but you always give me compliments! "You make me want to be a better person."

Sean O'Hagan said...

Thanks Yuu-chan! I'll put some other bento pics up soon. I think they all look great!