Thursday, February 28, 2008

The citrus fruit called "yuzu"

These are yuzu fruits:

Yuzu fruit

These are quite large and unsightly, but some beauties can be found on Flickr. These are some I found in my neighbour's yard in Yonago a few years ago.

There is nothing too special about this photo other than the fact that two separate Flickr users have contacted me on two separate occasions asking for my permission to use it in some project (two separate ones I presume).

The first was some guy in France (possibly) who wanted to use the photo in a school book. I told him no problem.

The second was from a couple in the UK who wanted to use the photo in a software package called Cook It! This was last September. I just heard from them again last week. They thanked me a second time and told me they were sending me a complimentary copy of their software! I should be receiving it soon.

I don't believe in karma, but this is karmaesque. Yay!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sugoi! Have you ever eaten this fruit? That is great that these people recontactd you and are sending you this CD.
When we were at Kath's in October, we saw really interesting medium sized yellowish BUT pretty fruit on trees down the street from her, and acros from a field. Maybe they will be there when you go, but maybe that is too early.

Sean O'Hagan said...

I've never eaten one in the way one eats a grapefruit. However, its juice or rind has been added to a number of dishes I've tried at Yuu's mom's house.

I saw some fruit trees recently that looked like yuzu trees. Even though it's February, the plum trees are blossoming, there are red flowers on some kind of bush, and those yellowish-orange fruits are visible in some places too.

Gaijin Girl said...

Spring has sprung!!!!!!!!!! \(^o^)/

Sean O'Hagan said...

Yafuuuu!!