Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Food Police


Yesterday, I was getting ready for my first class when I heard someone's voice through a loudspeaker outside my school window. I ignored it at first, but went over to see what was happening after the second outburst.

I saw three police cars parked behind the Seiyu department/grocery store, and about eight uniformed policemen milling about. One of them opened his car trunk, opened a briefcase, and took out a digital camera. He then marched into the rear entranceway and disappeared out of sight along with the rest of the crew.

I don't have a clue what was going on. Maybe it had something to do with the Chinese food poisoning cases that are surfacing all over Japan. Anybody know?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hai, they were making a movie with their digital camera for youtube .

Sean O'Hagan said...

Ha ha ha... you're probably right. Maybe the office took this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_vn_4ap9_4