Friday, February 29, 2008

Valentine's Day, Part 2

Yesterday, we arrived home to find a package of chocolates in our mailbox. (Thanks again Mom! (and Dad?)) There were some delicious Laura Secord french crisps, but they're all gone now. You can see below what's left:

The heart-shaped box contains some delicious truffles (I just ate one) and the red-wrapped ones are solid, delicious chocolates. I shared some of these with one of my students.

Today, I also received some delicious-looking maple cookies from one of my students. So it looks like it's going to be a fattening week.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Sharing with students is a good idea...lesson plan about Laura Secord and sharing...that's what K is doing with hers (except for the F crisps). You know what, i don't even like L Secords anymore !!com

Sean O'Hagan said...

I don't know how to lesson plan. ;)

Gaijin Girl said...

Go with a theme, and then milk it! Themes work really well. :)

Sean O'Hagan said...

Okay, I'll try that.

Gaijin Girl said...

P.S. I'm not doing a lesson on "Laura Secord and sharing". I'm doing a lesson on Laura Secord, the person (with a short reading about why she's a Canadian heroine), and then I'm giving a chocolate to each of my students. My theme for March is "International Women's Month" and my theme for that particular week will be "White Day". It all fits together so well! (^_^)b

Yu-chan said...

Thank you for all the chocolate! Sean didn't want to share his favourite one. He kept staring at me, saying "this is my favourite one".

Sean O'Hagan said...

It was my favourite one. And you can see that Kathleen felt the same way. Kath, did you share any with Hiro?

Julie said...

Does this mean I have to send more french crisps for Yuchan? :)

Sean O'Hagan said...

Nope, she had 1.5 of the French Crisps. She loved them, but I don't think she needs anymore. Hiro might though. ;)