Sunday, February 03, 2008

Winter Walk

We wanted to take a nice long snowy walk this afternoon, but we had to cut it short because of all the slush and wet, falling snow. Some young j-hooligans threw a snowball at us, and I returned the throw on our way back past them. They were stunned. We saw this sleepy cat warming him or herself on the side of a house.
Sleepy Cat

See the short video for a view of the snowy outskirts of Tokyo. After last year's snowless winter (except for a brief snowfall at the start of Spring 2007), Tokyoites must be quite surprised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of the snow. :( And in love with that fat, sleepy cat. :)

Julie said...

I am not jealous of the snow, but I did enjoy seeing your wee winter walk. Our winter walks (truly wintery) are very long and fun..don't let the slush, etc stop you....dress "like a Canadian in winter". hahahaha! I threw a snowball at dad yesterday and he threw one back at me...

Sean O'Hagan said...

The cat was cute, and barely moved as we walked by it.

We were dressed like Canadians, but it was so wet, even with our umbrella!